Question
Posted by: RAW | 2011/06/12

Raw Food Diet

I need to find out information of the raw food diet, this includes a smoothie in the morning and at night and a salad for lunch, but not sure of what foods are allowed and what not. What combination of fruit and veg can I use together? eg apples and celery and ??. or spinach and what fruit can I copmbine with it. Can I use the grees powder to mix into a fruit smoothie and if so how much. Confused, please help.

Dear Raw
I must admit that I am not acquainted with the fruits and vegetables prescribed for a raw vegan diet. I would imagine that you can use any fresh fruits and vegetables to make your smoothies and salads. I have not heard of "grees powder" before, so can't say if you can add it to your smoothies. The Vegan Society of SA should be able to provide you with the information you require. I believe their website address is: www.vegansociety.org.za/ I also believe that the raw diet allows you to eat nuts and seeds, to boost your nutrient intake, but this should all be explained on the Vegan Society Website.

1

Dear Raw