Question
Posted by: Kb | 2008/09/15

Raw food Diet

Hi Doc.

Would you at all recommend a raw food way of eating for weight and health? Can you recommend a website whare I could find beginners recipes and information on what foods can be eaten in their raw state?

Thanx

Dear Kb
Although I am all for people eating raw fruit and vegetables (except raw potatoes of course), one of the reasons why mankind developed into the masters of the world, is because we learnt how to cook foods like grains and meat, thus making these foods easier to digest and releasing more nutrients to keep us healthy and to help us grow. I would, therefore, not recommend a totally raw diet to anyone. I can only suggest that you do a Google search on the Worldwide Web using "Raw food diet" as your search term.