Posted by: Anna | 2009-07-16

Rash on my back

I have a rash on my back. The docter says it is fungal in nature and gave me a very expensive antibiotic and celestemine. It cleared up. As soon as the antibiotic was finished though it came back.

The rash is mostly on my back, on my shoulder blades and on the side of and under my breasts. The rash is small red spots with a yellow head. It does not itch.

What can it be?

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Anna
It sounds to me like a folliculitis. This is often caused by washing with an infected loofah or body scrub brush/glove. If you use a loofah - throw it away and rather use a showersoap with granules in it for exfoliating. It is caused by bacteria so using an antibacterial soap and something like Bactroban cream on the affected areas - this should help.