Question
Posted by: kaaj | 2008/09/04

rash on earlobe

I get this slight rash on my earlobe every few months and it lasts for a few days and then disappears. Its generally under my earing. The same earing that I have worn for the last 4 years. Its slightly itchy and gets quite bruised.
Can you possibly tell me what it may be and what I can treat it with?
I do use bactroban but would like for the symptom to stop.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have developed a rash due to the earing. It sounds strange but an allergic reaction can develop after a long period of time. I therefore, recommend that you take the earings out and see if you still get the rash.

To treat the rash, you can use Repivate topical cream, twice daily.

Kind regards