Posted by: JR | 2012-08-13

Rash inner corner of eye

I have noticed that i have a rash developing on the inner corner of my left eye, near the tear duct &  nose. I first noticed it over a month ago when my make up was not setting in that area &  then when i had a closer look it seemed like i just had dry skin.

Over the past month or so, it is still there. It is not itchy. It just gets very dry &  the skin gets a bit thick &  then it peels off. This keeps happening over &  over but it is not going away.

Can you prescribe something for me to put on it?
Is it a rash or just dry skin?

P.S. Im 9 weeks pregnant (if that has anything to do with it)

It is possible that you have developed a form of eczema and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination. Your pregnancy might be the cause for the dry, flaky skin. If your doctor feels that it is necessary, he/she can prescribe a light topical cortico-steroid.