Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2011/04/07

rash

Hi, I am 35 yrs old and always, whenever I shave my bikini area or all the hairs from that area, I get a rash. So much so that it makes wearing a costume a very dramatic experience. I tried waxing but it''s a bit too costly for me now. Please can you advise as to what cream I can possibly use to redush the rash? I am fair and my ahirs are very dark...I also HAVE to shave. I don''t have a problem with my underarms and legs though. I am truely desperate.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tanya, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist when the rash is visible so that he or she may examine the skin rash and decide on the best treatment options.
From your description this may be a type of folliculitis (infection of the follicles due to ingrown hairs) or a reactive allergic type rash.
I would consider any of the depilatory (hair removal) creams on the market today and I would add an over the counter steroid cream and anti bacterial cream but if the rash persists I strongly recommend consulting with a dermatologist.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/04/12

Hi Tanya, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert