Posted by: Worried | 2009-02-24

Dear CyberDoc

I am a bit worried.

I finished my 6-month Oratane course on the 5th of January, but about 3 weeks ago I got a rash on my legs and arms. This disappeared quickly after taking Celestamine and using Cortisone cream, but I now have a small rash in the fold of my arm, between my forearm and the upper arm (muscles).

Is there any possibility that this might be a post-Oratane reaction?

Thank you!

Dear Worried
I don't think so, you have stopped a while ago and if it was due to the Oratane you would have developed it during use. It may be a dermatitis or allergy due to something else - try using cortisone cream on the area if it is itchy and flaky? Otherwise let your doctor have a look