Question
Posted by: Bridget | 2008/08/27

RASH

On 12 August I fell at work on tar. It was quite a bad graze on my leg and I cleaned it with Savlon and put a gauze on with Zam Buk and then somebody bought me some ointment called All Heal so I was rubbing that on the graze as well and as the graze was starting to heal it started getting very itchy and everybody was telling me that it means its healing and I know that but the itching felt way worse that it just healing. I then tried some Stopitch and more Zam Buk as well and nothing is working. The graze has just about healed and left quite a big scar but the itching persists and it actually keeps me up at night and I feel like tearing my skin off. Everytime I scratch little bumps form and the area is much bigger than the graze itself. You can' t really see the bumps other than when I scratch but if I feel my leg I can feel them but they are not that visible. I have taken a few Celestamine over the last couple of days but they are not helping. The itchyness gets worse at night in bed. Can you suggest anything as I don' t have a lot of money to go to doctors. Sorry about the long letter. Thanks for your help.

Dear Bridget
When you graze your knee, you damage a lot of the superficial nerve endings and this could be the reason for the itching. But if you feel bumps foring, you could also be allergic to the ingredients of some of the ointments you've been using. Stop all ointments and try Anthisan cream on the itchy area.

1
Posted by: Pule Dinake | 2009/02/18

i have this rash in my back,its itchy and embarassing.this happens only when sweating or expose to heat.please help me

Reply to Pule Dinake