Posted by: Wondering | 2008-12-01

Rapid weight loss

Hi Doc,
My doctor prescribed eglonyl forte for mild depression a while back. I used it for about 8 months but feel much better now. My weight has been steady around 60kg my whole life. Since I started with this medication I slowly gained around 5 to 6 kg. I stopped using the medication now and in the last 2 months lost about 7 kg (without a diet). Is it because I' m not using the medication anymore or should I be worried. I don' t feel sick or anything. Thanx

Dear Wondering
Some of the antidepressants can make you pick up a few kilo's and it may be due to stopping the medication if you are eating normally and don't feel sick at all. If the weight loss continues, you should however let your doctor just do a routine check up