Posted by: Mia | 2010-02-21

Rapid Pulse Rate

I have low blood sugar and feel exhausted and dizzy most of the time. I also had my blood pressure tested and although it was normal, I was told I have a rapid pulse rate. I get heart palpitations quite often and I''m also short of breath. What causes this?

Low blood glucose in a health patient can be due to poor diet and lack of exercise.

Heart palpitations have a multitude of causes, i.e. from anxiety to viral infections to hormonal abnormalities etc. Heart palpitations should be investigated to find a definate cause. I suggest that you consult a cardiologist for further investigation of your heart palpitations. Also refer to the following link for detailed information regarding palpitations: