Question
Posted by: I want to help | 2008/11/21

Raped when she was younger

Hi there. One of our security workers was telling me that when she was younger, she was raped twice. She does not earn enough money to see a councilor. Do you know if she can receive free counseling at all in the Pietermaritzburg area?

I really take my hat off to her  she is 28 and supports her mother and two younger sisters on her salary of only R1800 per month. She is writing a book to educate African women that rape is happening right under their noses and that the mothers believe it is their fault. She is trying to get the word out that it is not the women’ s fault as they believe. She really is lovely and I would love to help her though this

I don't nowadays know all the resources in PM, but there may be a Rape Crisis Center, which some cities has, and the local Lifeline could both help and should know if there are any such local resources. She sounds like a kost admirable woman, and a brilliant example of how one can rise above such trauma, and not succumb to it, and turn it into a drive to help others.

3
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/11/24

try calling this number, its the community newspaper in your area. tell them about the book. Maybe they can do a story for your friend. (033) 394 2121

Reply to almost mad
Posted by: I want to help | 2008/11/21

Almost mad- Can you give me your contact details, and I pass it on to her. Mabye you could look into her storey?

Reply to I want to help
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/11/21

Sorry about what happened to her. I work for a newspaper in joburg and find the story intersting, maybe she should call your community newspaper and tell them about her story and the book she is writing to inform the community. Espesially if the book will be available at a small price or even free. Maybe she will get some backing from a publisher...you never know. Its worth a try at least.

Reply to almost mad