Question
Posted by: Alias | 2012-02-18

Rape Support for Partners

Dear Cybershrink,

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting married in a few weeks and my fiance was raped this week. We are in counselling but I feel the hour a week is not enough right now, and at this point in time, cannot afford more frequent visits. I am not open to the idea of social workers as I don''t want to see two entities, and I have a really strong connection in terms of trust and helpfullness with our current therapist.

Could you pease put me in touch with support groups, online or otherwise, where we as partners &  family members can receive more information on how to move forward/handle the hard times? Johannesburg area. Google just opens a world of filth that I am not ready to sift through.

Thank you for you time.

Have you checked out some of the available voluntary and community groups which offer support to abused women and rape victims ? They may be able to help with more frequent support at this important time. I am not able to keep current details of such support groups, but maybe if you call Lifeline, and even SADAG ( contacts on this page ) they should be able to give you the right local area contacts for such services.

2
Posted by: Lin | 2012-02-20

FAMSA wil also be able to put you in touch with support groups in your area.

Reply to Lin