Question
Posted by: concerned | 2008/09/10

Random, uncontrollable urinating urge

My wife is 47, 40kgs overweight and very stressed. She suffers from a random, uncontrollabe urge to urinate, without prior warning. This has been ongoing for at least two years. According to her, the first set of muscles/pinchers (?) do not operate correctly. She refuses to seek further medical advice. This is embarrassing for her, and a concern and, honestly, an irritation for myself. What can be done to possibly remedy this situation for her?

Expert ImagezIncontinence

Pelvic floor muscles help prevent urinary incontinence. Incontinence happens when the pelvic floor muscles get weak and cause you to leak urine. Pregnancy, childbirth, and being overweight can weaken pelvic floor muscles in women. Urinary incontinence is embarrassing, but it can be treated. Pelvic floor muscles are like other muscles-exercise can make them stronger. Keep within your normal weight range. Extra weight puts more pressure on your pelvic floor. Overweight women often say that their symptoms improve once they have lost some weight. Your GP/dietician will be able to tell you whether you are an acceptable weight for your height. Depending on her pelvic floor weakness muscles pinchers is most of the time not the correct type system to follow.