Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/09/10

random, uncontrollabe urge to urinate

My wife is 47, 40kgs overweight and very stressed. She suffers from a random, uncontrollabe urge to urinate, without prior warning. This has been ongoing for at least two years. According to her, the first set of muscles/pinchers (?) do not operate correctly. She refuses to seek further medical advice. This is embarrassing for her, and a concern and, honestly, an irritation for myself. What can be done to possibly remedy this situation for her?

Dear Concerned
She needs to see an urologist - she probably has urinary incontinence caused by overactive bladder muscle. She needs a proper urological evaluation to be able to detemine exactly what medication will work the best for her.