Question
Posted by: Riana | 2010/01/18

Raisins

I am vegan and eating raisins instead of sweets. How much raisins can I eat on a daily basis before it starts to affect my weight. Is there any nutrition in raisins?

Dear Riana
Raisins are a healthy food being rich in dietary fibre which promotes regularity and iron (esp if you eat them with the pips). However, like all dried fruit raisins are a concentrated food with a relatively high energy content of 1253 kJ per 100g (or 14,9% of the daily energy intake of an adult woman who is not trying to lose weight). Don't overdo your intake of raisins. Depending on your daily energy intake I would advise that you do not eat more than 100g per day or 3 handfuls.
Enjoy

1

Dear Riana
Enjoy