Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-12

Raising Funds

Hi CS!

Can you please tell me how I could go about raising funds for my siblings school fees...He needs to be in a special school as he has learning difficulty.I have called and found out regarding the school fees but im afraid I won' t be able to afford even with monthly payments when I do eventually do get him in as this is my main priority right now.

So what I want to know is, what s the possibility of raising a nice some of money within a month or two and how do I go about this...?
Selling things? but would this really make money?
Well then again you actually have to have money to make any and I don' t really have that much but I could spare one months salary
Is there any websites I can get ideas from...
Where do I start?

Gosh, Kelly. If I were really good at raising funds, I'd be sitting on a beach in Mauritius. Have you chcked with the national and provincial Dept of Education, which should have some sort o progam to help kids with special needs. Anyone else have some helpful ideas ?

2
Posted by: Mandy | 2009-03-13

Hi Kelly

Which area are in you in. I also have sons with special needs as far as education goes. They are now 21 and 19 respectively. there never was and I still dont think there are schools that cater for such needs unless it is totally private. My sons went to Platorand School in Belfast in MP and had to saty in hostel. Believe me this stuffed them up more. Try home schooling. It works wonders although its very expensive.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: koos | 2009-03-12

ask the anc i see they boast so much about school fee free schools as part of their voting campaign.well i dont see any of them,maybe in some squatter camp maybe.

Reply to koos