Question
Posted by: Sweetie Pie | 2008/09/29

Raising Agent allergy - Candida?

My Mom (62) experiences heavy pain in her stomach if she eats bread, rusks or any product containing a raising agent.
Is this condition because of Candida?

Currently she supplements Probiflora 4 and feels better, but she still cannot eat anything containing a raising agent (e.g. bicarbonate) or bread. She only eats rice cakes, besides her supper, fruits and veggies!

I see that you recommend REUTERI. After using this product for a few months (?), would it be safe for her to eat bread and products with raising agents again?

I would be grateful if you can reply to my email as well.

Many thanks

Sweetie Pie

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Sweetie Pie
Your Mom is possibly sensitive to Gluten, a combination of proteins found in wheat, oats etc. rather than yeast or Candida.
She should possibly get a test done so that she knows exactly what is causing her problem. This will help her to manage it correctly.
Gluten sensitivity is best managed by diet, no probiotic will “cure” it. Have a look at the Diet section on Health-24.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/22

Please advise on what the difference is between proboflora strain 9 and strain 4. Which is better for constipation, bloating, stomach pains etc.