Question
Posted by: Annie | 2012/05/04

raised rash

Hi there, on 12 March12 I discovered a strange textured raised " rash"  around my right nipple, not ichy not scaly, no discharge, not sore, I sent my gynae a picture he said it looks like excema, about a week later I decided to see my Gp he also said it looks like excema and prescribed a strong cortizone cream, I waited awhile to make sure that I wasn''t pregnant, not trying to be, i''m 40 now, and then used it now and again, but no change, the last week I have been using it every night but no change, any other rash type where I have used a cream it clears up in a few days, I have a mammogram and gynae check scheduled fo rthe 5 June 12, do you think Ineed to try and see him sooner and get the rash tested, or do u think i should just wait?

Rashes are not really in the domain of gynaecologists. As your rash has not responded to treatment I would suggest that you see a dermatologist.

1