Question
Posted by: Katey | 2009-11-17

raised painful bump on toe

I have a small raised bump on my small toe which has been aggravating me for the past 3 months, It is the size of a 10 cent coin and has a small hole ontop ( it almost looks like a bite, but its not). it is extremely sore to wear shoes of any sort and Im struggling to do exercise as the friction caused by my sneakers aggravates it too much.It is soft to the touch but a tiny bit harder on top where the hole is. It has also caused my baby toe to swell up and appear very red. Do you have any idea what this might be?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Katey

It sounds as if you have a bad corn on the little toe which would have been caused by pressure and friction from shoes that are too tight. This is very common in winter when you wear more closed shoes. Try to wear shoes that do not come into contact with the area at all like a pair of sandals with a thong between the toes. As soon as there is no pressure on the area it will heal.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009-11-18

Dear Katey

Chris

Reply to Foot expert