Posted by: Candice | 2011-07-12

Raised Liver Enzymes

Morning, I have been suffering from the following for about two months:
Chronic Fatigue
Joint Pain
Periodic gland inflammation

My doctor did numerous blood tests as they initially thought I could be suffering from Glandular Fever. It appears that my liver enzymes are raised and he wants to do another blood test for comparison next week. He mentioned Hypatitis B. I am worried that this result is a symptom of cancer or some other fatal liver disease. Please can you advise what else could cause these results and symptoms.
Thank you,

Your symptoms could be caused by a viral infection. Hepatitis B can be the culprit and therefore, your doctor will have to perform further tests. Unfortunately, there are a multitude of reasons for chronic fatigue that have to be eliminated. Please refer to the following link for more details: