Question
Posted by: Miriam | 2011/05/13

Racist director

Hi There,

Our CFO is practising racism , we have been experiencing it for a while now but it is really getting worse - because we have not done anything.

she has co sponsored socials at her home &  does not not invite any of the non- whites
buys gifts and hands them out to the whites only also buys cake and asks all the whites to come to her office and have some ( we are 12 people in the entire office)
Does not greet any of the non whites and goes out of her way to greet the white colleagues in our presence.
she decides on increases and bonuses which ours has been really bad in all the years that i have with the company. We discuss it amongst ourselves and noticed that non whites have not been happy but the whites have been buying her gifts in appreciation for it - (the gifts are given to her the day after we receive our bonus and increase letters)

Please let us know how to address the problem diplomatically we cannot handle this anymore.

I have been with the co 9 years and have never experienced this racism.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Racist Director

It is suggested that you raise this issue with a greivance. It would be useful if you could have other employees who would support you in this application. These claims are incredibly difficult to prove.

6
Posted by: To Miriam | 2011/06/03

I refer you to the last sentence of the expert :- " These claims are incredibly difficult to prove"  Get over it !!! Do your job and get that chip off your shoulder.
No everybody has to like your company ! From your attitude on this forum, I certainly would NEVER invite you to anything or give you the time of the day for that matter.

Reply to To Miriam
Posted by: Miriam | 2011/06/02

LOL when I see the " expert''''s response and yours ...hilarious

Thank You Labour lawyer!

Reply to Miriam
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Racist Director

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/30

In fact I am an exoert in the field. Therefore I often read this forum. I certainly would not like to take on your case, because I distinctly detect the " chip on your shoulder" . the " race card"  so to speak.
Come on, you cannot move from Forum to Forum until someone " happens" : to say what you want to hear?
Move on, find another job if you are not happy because it is no-one''s responsibility to treat any one that they pay a salary to, to any favours if they do not want to !!!

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Miriam | 2011/05/30

Are you an expert in the field?
Obviously not so keep your opinion to yourself.

Reply to Miriam
Posted by: Romany | 2011/05/25

You have previously posted this exact same question on Cybbershrink and you have received excellent advice from the posters and also the expert.
It was proven to you in that forum that you are actually more fortunate than the " white"  people that are experiencing the exact same behaviour from their EE management, in the sense that you do have an option and that you will without a doubt find another position, should you wish to leave. Wich I think you should do.
On the other hand, you hear of white people that are stuck in the situation as the can not secure alternative positions because of the colour of their skin.
So, do go back to your previous post, read the advice again and make a decision based on that.

Reply to Romany