Posted by: ME | 2010-10-31

Racing thoughts

I have the problem of racing thoughts.They just come into my head and I am not able to control them. I am using Lorien tablets for almost a month now,but it seemed like these thoughts are just getting worse every day. I am studying and will start with the exam very soon and I thought of leaving the medication.

I was using Sertraline tablets first but I felt terrible after the first one. I could not even get out of bed and felt weak and trembling and nauses. I ask my doctor to prescribe some other medication. Should I go on with the Lorien tablets or ask my GP for another prescription?

In such a complex situation, you should be seeing a psychiatrist, rather than a GP, for a properly expert assessment and a discusssion of treatment options. You don't mention what diagnosis has been made, or why you have been prescribed Lorien - the racing thoughts might be a side-effect of those tablets. But suddenly stopping could cause other symptoms, albeit temporarily, and if you have had a genuine depression, it will not be helped by such stopping. There may be a recent addition of exam-related anxiety, which might resp[ond better to CBT style counselling than to further medication.
See a psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and explore the options, based on a clear and definite diagnosis.

Posted by: calm | 2010-10-31

try and find alternative ways to calm yourself there are many spiritual ways to do this even breathing in a certain way can help, if you can find a method of calming yourself down you can apply this whenever your thoughts race to slow it all down

Reply to calm