Question
Posted by: Chris | 2011/07/04

Race training

Hi Doc,

I am extremely unfit at the moment (on a scale of 0-1-... -1) and I would like to know what you recommend I do in order to get fit for a race. The race is in October and it''s 12km with physical activities such as climbing over obsticals, wall pull ups etc. Reason for doing this is that I needed a motivation to get fit. Can you recommend what I should do please? Fart legs? General gyming?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris

I think 12 km is a good target over 3 months. But you have to start from a low base, or the risk of injury is high. My advice is a 10km programme and there is a 10km over 11 week programme: http://www.health24.com/fitness/Programmes/16-1347-2101-2107-2251-2109.asp

That's perfect because it gets you to within a week or two of the race and you're doing the right distance. It's what I'd recommend. It's easy to get lost in complexity, but try to avoid that temptation! Consistency is king!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/07/24

Hi Chris

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc