Question
Posted by: shelly | 2012-03-06

RABIIT MENINGITIS

On sunday our Rabbit stared hopping skew then when we got home yesterday he was just lying in his hutch we took him to the vet and she suspected a stroke as his back legs are very laim, i took him this morning to an exotic pet vet and they have started him on anti biotics, and anti inflamatories and say its meningitis, and if he is not better by tomorrow then we must put him down. He is still eating and drinking though, and the vet confirmed he is not n pain, would keeping him for a few more days on anti biotics be cruel as I have heard that some animals do recover but it just takes them longer.

Hi Shelly

If the rabbit is not in any pain then you can continue with your vets guidance and continue treating with antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. I do hope that the problem resolves.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012-03-13

Hi Shelly

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet