Question
Posted by: Tania | 2010/07/11

Rabbits

I will be the proud mommy of two babies rabbits soon and I am a bit concerned of them getting cold in our CPT winter weather. I''ve purchased a hutch with hay, etc. and they''re undercover. Should I be concerned that they''ll get cold?

When can one determine the sex? My friend says one can only see from 6-weeks. I''m just worried that if they are two males I''ll have to seperate them.

Thanks,

Tania

As long as it is wind proof and you have a significant amount of bedding ten it should not be a problem.

You can generally determine the sex from 3 weeks of age. If you are unsure then you can obviously leave this to latter. Check out the website: www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/sexing.shtml . This will show how you differentiate males and females.

If there are two males then you can get them castrated between 5-8 mths. This will reduce thier aggression to you and each other.

I hope this is of help.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/12

I hope this is of help.

Reply to CyberVet