Question
Posted by: Sally | 2011/07/04

Rabbit - abcess?

Hi, Just found a hard scab on my rabbits stomach, never seen blood. After about a week, still hard scab, and slight reddish lump. Could you suggest what it could be. Rabbit about 2 months old, very happy and bouncy, and LOVES her food. No signs of pain.

Hi Sally

Sounds like there may have been some skin irritation and moisture on the stomach and this has probably resulted in a bacterial infection and/or development of an abscess.

I would advise that you visit your local vet and get it checked out. The vet will be able to clearly identify what the problem is and treat accordingly.

Please keep me informed as to how things go.
Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: Sally | 2011/07/09

I took her to the vet and it seems that she had just injured herself somehow, the vet lifted the scab and cleaned it all out (some infection). She has had three days of antibiotics, blue spray (?) and is now taking her " probiotics"  to stay healthy. Wound looks like its healing very well. She still hasn''t forgiven me for the traumatic injections at the vet though :)

Thanks again.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011/07/07

Hi Sally

Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet