Question
Posted by: tessa | 2010/07/23

rabbit

Hi there,

I have a rabbit in the pietermaritzburg area. He is 4 years old and my question is are rabbits meant to get rabies shots? He is in a pen with an open top and we only have one dog. But lately we''ve had monkeys in the garden who''ve once or twice gone down to the rabbit pen which made me concerned.

thanks.
tessa

Hi Tessa

You do not have to give your rabbit a rabies injection. In fact there are no licenced rabies vaccines for rabbits. Note however that you may have to reinforce the rabbits pen to ensure that the rabbit does not get taken

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/23

Hi Tessa

Reply to CyberVet