Question
Posted by: DJ | 2010/07/13

RA and TTc andpregnancy

hi Doc
i have RA for 3yrs now.My LB is 4yrs.
hubby and i are TTC for no.2.
I have been on Methothrexette,Salazopyran,Folic,Calcium,Prednizone since the beginning with RA.doc took me off Methothrexette for six mnths and added Panado and Voltaren for the pain.
Its now going for 3mnths since we started TTc.I just want to know how long does it usually take for one with RA to fall pregnant.
I have also done an ovaractomy in 2003 and had been on the Pill since then.But went off the Pill for one mnth and then fell pregnant with my son.

Dear DJ

In general the return to fertility should be fairly rapid and one should expect conception within 9 months. However since RA is an autoimmune related disease the use low dose cortizone at the appropriate time in you cycle may be of great value and also should you fall pregnant it should be continued throughout the first trimester at least.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/16

Dear DJ

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert