Question
Posted by: IVH | 2012/09/07

RA and bloodpressure

HI please assist as I am sick with worry!

My husband has RA and is 32 years old. Each time they admit him to hospital his bloodpressure shoots through the roof. (Eg 240/160 and 208/131) They tell me it is due to the cortisone drip that they administer, which makes sense.

We have taken his blood pressure regularly over a period of time and it stays constant at 120/80.

My worry is not so much about the why it goes up so quickly but the effect if can have? Stroke etc.

Please assist urgently. I am seeing his dr this afternoon.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear IVH
Apologies for not getting back sooner. Remember that the blood pressure is due to the chemical they administer and not due to clotting disturbances or a chronic hypertension. They are also monitoring him closely while he is there, but I hope the dr clarified this for you?

2
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/09/18

Dear IVH

Reply to Healthy Bones
Posted by: Rusty | 2012/09/11

Can gout cause a heart attack?

Reply to Rusty