Question
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2010/07/15

&quot Weening"  off anti-depros

Hi there Doc,

Thank you for the reply.

I have been on AD for +/- 8 years. I am on Adco-Paroxitine 20mg. The " electricity sensation"  occured from the beginning of the weening off process.

Thank you very much.

Thanks for the extra information. I have heard of such unpleasant associations in association with Paroxetine, though I haven't heard of it usually lasting so long, especially as you are still taking the drug though at a lower dose. This is worth discussing with your own doctor.
It can be a problem with some weaning plans that the exact formulation of the drug affects your options - a tablet may be available at a lower dose, or it may be possible to break one in half ; with capsules it can be harder. Only a few meds are available in liquid form which gives one more flexibility.

1