Question
Posted by: Lin | 2010-09-16

&quot Water"  in ears

I''ve had this problem for about 2 weeks now. It sounds as if I have water in my ears. I tried Swimmers Ear and Waxol. It doesn''t help. And it gets worse when I lie down. Every time I swallow I have this rushing sound in my ears. It''s waking me up at night. Please Help!

Hallo Lin
You may have fluid in the middle ear (which can't drain via the ear canal, but needs to drain via the Eustachian tube at the back of your throat). This can cause tinnitus ( a whooshing or ringing noise in the ears) You may need a prescription for something like Stugeron and you doctor needs to have a look to see if you need cortisone or "gromets" - small plastic tubes that are inserted in the eardrum to drain fluid from the middle ear.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-16

Hallo Lin