Question
Posted by: Margaret | 2010-07-23

&quot SAC, BUT NO EMBRYO PRESENT YET" 

Hi, I am 6weeks and 3 days pregnant. I went for a scan today and there was a sac, but I couldn''t see the embryo. This doc doesn''t have a very fancy scan that can see inside the sac. I have an appointment at a Fertility specialist on the 30th. I just wanted to ease my mind. I am 41 years old and had one ectopic and 2 miscarriages over a period of 6 years. Is this normal or could this be a " Blighted Ovum" ,

It could be a blighted ovum, but obviously your doctor was unable to be sure on his scan, hence the referral. You will have to wait for the expert opinion.

3
Posted by: Gabi | 2010-07-28

Please let us know.I found out I was pregnant in June, had a blood test but could only see my gynae a month later and was told I had a blighted ovum. Sat around thinking I was pregnant for almost 10 weeks. I hope all is ok with you and that you are pregnant.

Reply to Gabi
Posted by: Jakkie | 2010-07-27

You will let us know what the outcome was of the scan?

Reply to Jakkie
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-25