Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008-11-14

&quot Hearing" 

So we were called into the office and the boss said :

you have 3 choices

Choice 1 was something you mentioned yesterday: RESIGN
Choice 2 Appologize in writing
Choice 3 Official Grievance route

She then said she' ll appologize if I appologize and I said I have nothing to appologize for. She then said then she won' t either. He said then it' s the Grievance route and it will be held by a Labour lawyer who the company will have to pay because he will not chair it like all the others.

She said nasty things about me again on and on and on all lies. Eventually she said she' ll let him know by Monday morning what she has deceided.

I don' t want to lose this job or leave because it pays well and it' s " cushy"  it' s just that his woman is making our lives hell!

Oh yes when I said i wonder who' s telling lies she said YOU i said that' s not what your staff file says...i think she was very upset that i have access to her file and all the other hearings....

In any case that' s that then what can I do ? If i get an appology how insincere it is I will at least have it on record or file for future.

Thanks for all the advice.

I don't see why you should leave the job -- don't be persuaded to resign ( and you might need some advice from a labour lawyer of your own, or at least from the CCMA and the Dept of Labour. If there have been previous hearings about her, in relation to complaints from other people, all the more reason for her to be dismissed, and whoever conducts the grievance procedure MUST look at all the previous material, too, as its obvious highly relevant. As Anon says, your manager is dealing with this incorrectly, especially as there have apparently been numerous previous complaints about her. An apology from her would be meaningless, and leave her free to start again next week. Only a fair grievance procedure could protect your rights, so you may wish to insist on it.

Posted by: ANON | 2008-11-14

Sweetie, This is not Her choice, It is yours.The cheek of it that SHE will let him know by monday!!!! Call the CCMA and get some advice. Your management is dealing with this incorrectly

Reply to ANON