Question
Posted by: G | 2008/09/18

&quot he' s married..."  continuation

We talked last night and I was very tired and confused. So all I told him was I" m going to stay in Canada for the next 2 years and we won' t be romantic or do anything during that time. If at the end he is already divorced, it' s because it was meant to be. He said he is sure he wants me and will wait patiently for his divorce process to be concluded. Still, I hope those 2 years are enough for him and his wife to solve things between them. I know a divorce causes a lot of pain and I don' t want her to feel what I felt when I found out, so I want him to think well before he does anything. Hopefully, their relationship gets better again.
Well, about his lies or truths... I believe this time he was honest with me.

If after 2 years he's still married, this won't be "because this was meant to be" but because that will b the way he wants to be. DOn't help him to evade responsibility for his decisions and actions. He and his wife will most probably no solve anything between them unless they work with a good mariage counsellor / therapist together/ And why should you wait around patiently rather than moving ahead with your own life ?
You WANT to believe that this time he was honest with you, because you WANT to believe him --- last time you did that, he was lying/ Why should he be telling the truth now ?

4
Posted by: K@K | 2008/09/19

Hey G, the reason you wrote to CS is because you know something is wrong and you feel guilty about it, you cannot sort out the cheaters life its not your responsibility but you can sort out yours. If you feel guilty about doing something...stop doing it!!! You know that the reason you are hanging around for 2 yrs is because you still believe that eventually he will divorce his wife...HEAR THIS...IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...so move on

Reply to K@K
Posted by: blackbird | 2008/09/19

does Canadian immigration know about this, how did you get in the country to start off with.

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: AFTO | 2008/09/18

hey, you aren' t the only one. Take what EL says with a pinch of salt. Her husband of 3 mths walked out, after the father of her 3 year old dumped her - and who knows how many in-between??
You are there, you might as well make the best of the two years and earn a few $$ too. You' ve told him you aren' t going to encourage him. Go the next step, and tell him you aren' t going to see him if he is married. He got you there under dubious pretences, and that is hard enough for you. Now, it' s up to you to be strong and tell him to walk away unless he is serious.
You aren' t responsible for the state of his relationships before you moved there, so don' t let yourself be responsible for them now. If he wants a divorce he can get one - if not, look after yourself and remember - you might have been gullible, but you weren' t the one who was lying.
Take care of you first.

Reply to AFTO
Posted by: EL | 2008/09/18

You are going to wait there for 2 years? Just take your stuff and leave!!! I don' t get people like you!

Reply to EL