Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2011/12/01

&quot Grumpy"  African Grey

Hi there! My African Grey parrot, Bertie is now 6years old and was hand reared. At the time until about the age of 3 he was fine to touch, cuddle and hold. He flew away once and was lost for a week, he then became very ill and was admitted for a week for treatment. And boy& mdash & mdash after returning home from this traumatic incident he became a very grumpy parrot!!!! He still chats and swear like there is no tomorrow, but no touch, he bit me so many times I stopped counting but I desperately want to hold and cuddle him/her again!!! What to do, please advise???? Many thanks!!!

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Charlotte, my speciality is dogs, but what I really would suggest is that you get in touch with the TTouch offices in J'burg. TTouch is a wonderful modality, especially with behaviours that you are now experiencing, and is not limited to dogs and cats. It works with birds and in fact with all living animals.
Initially you would probably start off stroking him with a feather and slowly work up to using your hand. It is understandable that the bird has undergone expreme stress with what happening and TTouch is fantastic at reducting stress. Please do contact Eugenie via the website at www.ttouch.co.za and she will put you in touch with somebody. There are practitioners all over the cournty. Good luck and do let me know the outcome, thanks Scotty

2
Posted by: Charlotte | 2011/12/02

Oops!!! So sorry, I do apologize but thank you so much for the advice, I will do that exactly! I just adore and love my rottie Bullet, my Chinchilla kitty Pablo and my grumpy parrot so I will let you know how it pans out!! Best regards

Reply to Charlotte
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/12/02

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert