Question

&quot Feline Greenies" 

Does anybody know of any dangers this treat holds for cats? I fed my cat 2 last night for the first time, and he got really sick. (vomited repeatedly, not eating) I found some stuff on the internet that suggests the stuff is really bad, and I'  m very worried. (altough most of the problems have happened in dogs, and I can'  t find any specific references to problems with cats)

The first time he vomited I saw at least one of the treats in the vomit, still whole, but not sure if it'  s all come out or if one might still be stuck somewhere. (the internet articles suggest that the treats don'  t digest and then create intestinal blockages)

Any info anyone might have would be appreciated!!

Dear Anon

Never had probs with Greenies before.

4
Posted by: Doggy mon | 2009-07-22

Ek het dieselfde ervaring gehad met my hond. My worshond het opgegooi nadat hy een van die greenies geeet het en dit was definitief van die greenies. Ek is baie versigtig vir die greenies.

Reply to Doggy mon

He threw up again violently on Saturday night - 3 times in a row. There was another dark splotch in the vomit that might have been a greenie (was the right shape, size and color for it) but I can' t say for certain. Took him to the vet on Sunday, who examined him and declared him fit and healthy. Vet said it' s possible that the Greenies didn' t agree with him, but more likely it was stress related due to the fact that we' ve had to give him antibiotics lately. (he reacts REALLY badly to being force fed pills) The weird thing is he' s been on the antibiotics dozens of times before with no problems, and the vomiting occurred hours after taking the pill every time.
But the vet gave him a long acting antibiotic injection to finish off the course, (no more pills, yay!) and he' s obviously never getting another Greenie (rather safe than sorry!), so he' s improved dramatically over the last day. Eats with gusto, runs around, interacts with us enthusiastically.

He seems better now... Started eating a little last night, and was happily chasing moths this morning and eating some more. And no more vomiting! So relieved. Not sure if the Greenies were to blame, but I' m not taking any chances!!!

Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-16

Sorry, can' t help you with cats, but I' ll tell you my dogs ain' t getting any of those things!

Reply to Chill