Question
Posted by: Perplexed | 2010-04-01

&quot electric shock" 

Every so often, I get a sharp pain (like an electric shock) shooting from my left hand on the inside of my arm, to just under my ear.

When I put my right hand around my left arm, just above the elbow and squeeze, this goes away. `it normally lasts for a couple of seconds.

I have spoken to my GP, but she says there is nothing wrong.

Any idea what this could be?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The discomfort you are describing is due to a nerve compression. There are different areas where such a nerve can be compressed and in your case the ulnar nerve at the level of the elbow is cerainly a possibility. The person to see about it is a neurologist who will do a test on the nerves adn tell you how to rectify the problem

dr de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-04-04

dr de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum