Question
Posted by: abc | 2012-03-12

&quot Closed"  ear

I woke up last week Wednesday with both ears making a " rushing"  sound, and with a feeling of pressure in both ears. I went to see a GP close to work, and he said my left ear looked fine, but he could see a bit of moisture behind the eardrum in my right ear, so he prescribed Demazin NS twice a day and Celestamine 3 times a day for 3 days.

It improved, and my right ear feels fine now, but my left ear is still " closed" , and feels like I need to " pop"  it by yawning or swallowing. Is this something I need to worry about? It''s not painful, and the only thing that really bothers me is the fact that sounds are somewhat muffled in my left ear...

Should I leave it to come right by itself, or do I go see a doctor? How long can this go on for?

Thank you!

You should not be concerned, as it is not serious. I suggest that you reconsult your doctor for an examination, as it is possible that you might need an extended course of antibiotics to clear up the sinusitis and inflammation causing the pressure in your ear.