Question
Posted by: quotation | 2010/12/01

quotation

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.

George Bernard Shaw
Irish dramatist &  socialist (1856 - 1950)

Is happiness really the most important criterion ? I had people who argued with me that the immense cost of the World Cup was worth every cent simply because it made many people temporarily happier. I pointed out that providing every citizen with a case of beer would have had the same effect, much cheaper - but would that have been considered a worthy use of scarce public funds ?

2
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2010/12/01

" Randomly quoting people whose books you probably never read makes you look like a fool"  - Me.

Reply to Vrye Denker