Question
Posted by: quotation | 2010/09/01

quotation

A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right but also to be wrong.

Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin (1973) " Childhood" 

I once met Szasz, and found hi intolerably phoney. He made a fortune by publishing essentially the same book, again and again, under different titled ; and by preaching that psychiatry was not merely useless but dangerous - while earning his salary as a Professor of psychiatry in a department teaching and practising exactly the orthodox psychiatryhe profitably condemned.
That said, I think we fail to sufiently value the experience gained by being wrong, so long as we recognize when we are wrong, and learn from it

1