Posted by: quotation | 2009-09-08

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.

Robert J. Sawyer, " Calculating God" , 2000
Canadian science fiction writer (1960 - )

YOu know, sometimes you have to be a little selfish for OTHER people's welfare, too, otherwise you bun out and become less useful to yourself or others.
My current favourite title I discovered is from a modern blues song : I Started Out with Nothing --- And I've Still Got Most of it Left.

Posted by: Samantha | 2009-09-08

I wish I could do that, but I just can' t say no. I' m such a people pleaser, and didn' t even realize it until my fiance pointed it out (he doesn' t like it, as it interrupts our life at times). And if you ask me why it is that I can' t (or won' t) say no, it' s because I don' t want anyone to be angry with me, and I' d like to know that one day if I need something, that person should be there for me too. It upsets me terribly if someone is cross with me :-/

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Liza | 2009-09-08

So true. My first psychiatrist recommended a book - Don' t sweat the small stuff - to me. I never got the book, but I did take the title to heart. Sometimes a person has to be a little selfish for their own welfare.

Reply to Liza