Question
Posted by: quotation | 2008/08/27

quotation

It is in the ordinary events of every day that we develop the proactive capacity to handle the extraordinary pressures of life. It’ s how we make and keep commitments, how we handle a traffic jam, how we respond to an irate customer or disobedient child. It’ s how we view our problems and where we focus our energies.

-Stephen Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, 1989

So, next time you're stuck with a trafic jam or fractious child, view it as an opportunity to practise skills of calm and coping that will help one handle more serious crises.

1
Posted by: solution | 2008/08/27

Traffic jam- put on my make up or listen to loud music and sing along

Irate person: look at them and think - she/he didn' t get it all this morning.. lol

Disobedient child: threats always work for me

Reply to solution