Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010/03/06

Quitting Lexamil

I have been on lexamil 20mg for the past year to year and a half, however, due to immense weight gain, and my inability to lose that weight as a side effect of this medication, i have become increasingly depressed and self conscious, I am thinking about quitting lexamil, which I take for my depression, but am not sure of what the possible withdrawal symptoms would be, can I do this safely, and will it in any way affect my full time studies negatively?

You realy need to discuss this properly with your psychiatrist ( and it should be a psychiatrist involved rather than solely a GP ) - if you are "increasingly depressed" you need treatment for that. Maybe with a different antidepressant, maybe with CBT counselling, or both -and at the same time, he/she can advise you on gradually coming off the one, and changing to whatever would best replace it

2
Posted by: no | 2015/10/12

I want to know if Lexamil 5mg causes weight gain and if you want to stop how do you go abouy iy

Reply to no