Posted by: katelyn | 2009-02-20

quit smoking now gaining weight  -(

I' ve quit smoking recently and seem to be stedily gaining weight, even though i eat mostly healthy low-GI foods and gym and run 5x days per week.
My bmi is around 23 but i' ve gained 8kg' s in the past year.
(i' m 25 and medium build) but it' s very noticable.
Would my GP prescribe me duromine or relislim or thinz to curb my appetite, for 3-6 months just to get over this " hungry / binge eating"  stage of my quiting smoking?
What would you recommend? The healthy lifestyle is well in place now, i just need some " help" !

Dear Katelyn

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you continue with your healthy lifestyle, as your metabolism will normalise after a while. It takes a while for your metabolism to normalise after smoking cessation, as it will get use to functioning without the stimulation of the nicotine.