Question
Posted by: Ash | 2012/01/20

quit coffee

Compliments of the new year. I have decided to quit coffee with my NEW diet because it gave me headaches. SINCE I quit coffee Im craving sweet things ALL the time. Strange enough I dont have a Sweet tooth. what do u think ??what could be the reason ??

Dear Ash
I am not sure why you are now craving sweet foods when you stopped drinking coffee. You mention that you gave up coffee as part of your NEW diet -what does the diet entail? because this could be what is causing your cravings for sweet foods/drinks. If your NEW diet is too low in energy or avoids practically all carbohydrates, then it could be the diet, and not the lack of coffee, that is causing the cravings.
Make sure that you have at least 6300 kJ of energy a day even when slimming and that you eat one serving of low-GI carbs at every meal to prevent cravings.

1

Dear Ash