Question
Posted by: Anan | 2011/07/12

Quinoa

Hi,Doc

I''m struggling to find constant info on quinoa. Would you be so kind and provide me with the values of COOKED quinoa in a household measure (e.g. a cup cooked) providing the following: enegy in kJ, protein, carbs, fat, GI of it.

Many thanks

Dear Anana
Quinoa is a problem, because the SA Food Tables do not list the nutritive value of this cereal. However, I wrote an article 'Quinoa - Is it really a miracle food?' last year, so click on 'DietnFood' and do a Search with the title of the article which includes the nutritive value of cooked quinoa.

2
Posted by: Hilda Kruger | 2011/07/18

What does The package of Quinoa look like? I live in Northern KZN and have searched the supermarkets but not found this item?

Reply to Hilda Kruger

Dear Anana