Question
Posted by: Kim | 2011/09/01

Quick Weight Loss

Please can someone advise me how to drop 10kgs in a month… ..i know the whole routine of healthy eating and excise and im doing that but my under active thyroid prevents me from dropping this weight… im getting married in a months time n desperately need help please?

Dear Kim
Congratulations on your wedding. I am sure that the other Readers are flooding you with diets and suggestions about diet pills. I can unfortunately not recommend any of these unbalanced diets because they may well result in dramatic weightloss in time for your wedding, but the chances are good that you will then pick up all the weight you have lost and more the moment you stop using a starvation or an Atkins-type diet. I trust that your dr who diagnosed your underactive thyroid has prescribed thyroid hormone treatment such as Eltroxin? If not, discuss this with the dr and take your hormone replacements as prescribed. I would recommend that you use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) every day for at least 30 minutes or more for the next month. Even if you don't lose a total of 10 kg, you will lose about 5 kg and firm and tone up wonderfully so that you are a glowing, healthy bride.
Wishing you all the very best for your wedding day.

6
Posted by: Liz | 2011/09/06

Kim speak to your doc about your thyroid &  get it tested.

Ask him/her about prescribing you Tertroxin or Eltroxin as Diet Doc suggested. If you do indeed have a thyroid issue, then the medication will will help you not only lose that extra weight fast, but also improve your mood &  circulation. This will only work if you have a thyroid problem...if you are over-eating then you need to work on that separately.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Mime | 2011/09/03

Try Dr Cohen, without a doubt you will loose between 8-10kg if you stick to it 100%. I am now trying the new Dream Body Slimming Capsules, it''s al natural and is imported from China...if it really works, wouldn''t be able to say yet.

Reply to Mime
Posted by: Magrie | 2011/09/02

Started on 78.8 - my goal is 68kgs

Reply to Magrie
Posted by: kim | 2011/09/01

thank u...i will give it a go
can i ask wat yur inital weight was n wats yur goal weight?

Reply to kim
Posted by: Magrie | 2011/09/01

I also battle with a underactive thyroid and have tried just about everything wihtout success. That is untill I started with Weigh-less. Going for my 3rd week now. Have lost 3kg in the first week and 1 in the second, so in total 4 kgs.
I do not know if you would be able to lose 10kgs in a month or if that is even possible. Give Weigh-less a try, the only thing you have to lose is the weight.

Reply to Magrie

Dear Kim