Question
Posted by: Jaco | 2009-10-14

Quick Six pack

Hi, I need to get a six pack before Desember. Which type of excercises can I do? I am willing to excercise my abdomen muscles in the morning and evening, or will that be to much?
Please Help

Hi Jaco

Might be tough in so short a time, depends on your current weight and body fat percentage.

The problem is that getting a 6-pack involves two things - one is to gain muscle, the other is to lose weight. For example, a rugby prop forward probably has incredibly strong muscles, but they aren't as defined. So it's not simply a question of doing stomach exercises, you will have to comine them with cardio exercise and a solid diet to burn fat enough to create the definition you're after.

So I'd say you should be doing a minimum of 3 cardio sessions a week. And then to that, you can certainly do your stomach exercises. It's not too much - the stomach can adapt well to training - it's job is to be active all the time. The key is that it might not work as well as you'd think - the cardio and diet are key.

good luck

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-10-18

Hi Jaco

good luck

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: C | 2009-10-15

Only in your dreams will you have a six-pack by December. At least you have a sense of humour.

Reply to C
Posted by: these kind of people irritate me | 2009-10-15

Jaco, you should have woken up in the middle of winter when the rest of us dedicated ones were getting up at -1 degrees in the morning and hitting the gym. Sorry dude, you are going to have to deal with that beer belly on the beach.

Reply to these kind of people irritate me