Question
Posted by: Ashleigh | 2008/07/29

quick fix ??

Hi Doc Im going to be a bridesmaid in 3 weeks time and I wanna look stunning in a figure hugging dress .the problem is I ate like a pig for the past 3 months . I did' nt gain weight , but I my tummy is BIG . I wanna get rid of the big tummy and I only have 3 weeks , so I have decided to go on a cereal diet .the diet include :
- breakfast = All bran flakes with fat free milk + apple
- lunch = 1 and half weet bisciut with fat free milk + banana
- dinner = same as lunch + 200ml yoghurt
- 2 litre water

I know this is not a healthy diet but will it do any harm if its only for 21 days just to flatten my tummy ?Im also gonna take multivitamins for this 21 days , can the multivitamins compensate for this poor diet ?

Dear Ashleigh
As you yourself realise this is not a well balanced diet and it may be so low in energy that it is counterproductive! The body tends to switch off its weightloss systems if it thinks you are starving it! So try it for a week and if you find that you are not actually losing weight, esp on the tummy (there is no way that you can determine where weightloss will occur), then rather revert to a sensible diet. You do need to start doing as many pushups as possible to flatten the tummy if you use your diet or not, so get going because tightening the tummy muscles will make a big difference to your appearance. You can also ask Fitness Doc for other tummy-targeting exercises.
Hope you manage to flatten that tummy and that you are a stunning bridesmaid.