Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/04/16

Quick Advise

I went for an interview 2 interviews same company same position. And as always it looked promising. I have tried to call my agent and she is not saying much she kept on saying Dont worry you will get it. Should I call the company to hear from them

Other readers will have more experience of this, but i doesn't sound like a good idea to harry them unless there has been a very unreasonable delay. It sounds promising but not certain, and this is not a good time to anno them by seeming too needy or pushy. Liza's suggestions make good sense

4
Posted by: Sandra | 2012/04/16

Thank you all for your advise I called my agent first and she said to me the HR Manger ( he interviewed me ) is not giving him straight answers. But i decided to call and the HR Manager thanked me for calling and said to me the Manager for that particular position is on leave and he is only coming back on the 1st of May they did not decide on anything but my interview was a 10/10 eish i dont know what to make of it.

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Liza | 2012/04/16

How long ago did you go for the interviews? If you haven''t heard anything for over a week, it usually means that you did not get the position. A quick phone call to the company will let you know whether you''re still in the running. In my experience, most agents give pathetic service. I''ve experienced them sending me for interviews where I didn''t fit the requirements, where they didn''t negotiate salary with my best interests in mind - i.e. they tried to demand too high a salary which ended in me not even being offered the position etc. Since then I''ve always taken over negotiations myself from the first interview. It''s given me much greater success in job searches.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: hilly | 2012/04/16

no dont do it

Reply to hilly